Sunday, September 14, 2014

Easy Kielbasa & Pasta Casserole

Only Five Ingredients!

This is an irresistible, quick and delicious recipe for those of us who love Kielbasa, yet get a little tired of the cooking it the same old way.

It only takes about 20 minutes to make, and that includes cooking the kielbasa and spinach first.   I added some leftover peas I had in the fridge and used spaghetti sauce instead of the pizza sauce it calls for...I just like pizza sauce on pizza!

My husband's only complaint was that I didn't remove the casings from the sausage first, he doesn't like rind of any kind.  So, next time, I'll make sure to take it off and then slice the kielbasa...for my honey!   Other than that one "picky" criticism, he had two helpings!  





Ingredients:

1 1/2 cup sliced kielbasa, regular or turkey
1 cup pizza sauce (I used spaghetti sauce)
1 cup sautéed baby spinach, coarsely chopped
3 cups cooked penne pasta (I used Cavatappi)
3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese




Preheat oven to 350'F. 

Cook sliced kielbasa in pan with 1 Tbsp. olive oil; combine first four ingredients into a prepared casserole dish.  Do not add the parmesan.

Sprinkle grated parmesan over top.

Bake for 10-12 minutes until hot; remove from oven and let set up for about 5 minutes before serving.

Isn't this easy?   I love quick casseroles that make a hearty meal and take no time at all to prepare!  

Enjoy!







"And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you werecalled in one body.  And be thankful."  -Colossians 3:15



 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment