Thursday, October 2, 2014

Creamy Ranch Pork Tenderloin

Oh my goodness, this was good!
I love using pork tenderloin in so many dishes; roasts, grilled, breaded, sauces and now, this new one I found while looking for a quick and easy dinner idea.

 
The online recipe used pork chops and a crockpot, but I didn't have time, since I started dinner later in the day.  So, I changed things around and had a wonderful meal in about an hour and a half.
 
Ranch salad dressing and cream of chicken soup combine to make a perfectly seasoned sauce to serve over golden, juicy pork chops and rice. A quick and easy recipe for a weeknight meal, this pork chop recipe will become a keeper.
 
My family loved it and I'll definitely make it again!   Doing it with a tenderloin made enough for 4 people. 

I'm a little salt sensitive, and felt like there was a tad too much of it in this dish.   I will make it again, and the only thing I would do differently is to use a low sodium soup, since there is a lot of salt in the dressing.  You can always add a little salt, but you can't take it out once it's there.  


Ingredients:

1 Tbsp. olive oil

1 pork tenderloin (approx. 4.5 lbs.) 
1 pkg. ranch dressing (dry)
1 can cream of mushroom soup (I didn't have this, so I substituted cream of chicken)

1/2 can water
 
Pour about 1 Tbsp. olive oil in a skillet, and brown the whole pork tenderloin on all sides.
*I seasoned this with a little granulated garlic and black pepper (no salt!)

Once browned nicely on all sides, place on cutting board and cut into thick (about 1 1/2") slices.  Return them to the pan and brown on both sides. 
*This step is important because it gives the meat more flavor and a beautiful color to the gravy.

In a bowl, mix the soup, water and the dressing mix until blended.   Pour over the pork and carefully stir, to mix with the juices already in the pan.  

*I took the pork out for a minute to stir all the mixtures together well, then returned them to the pan.

Now, cook on low heat for about 45 minutes or until the pork is tender.  It doesn't take long, and is so worth the wait!


 "That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God." 1 Corinthians 2:5

No comments:

Post a Comment