Saturday, December 20, 2014

Foolproof Chocolate Fudge

They aren't kidding, it really is foolproof!


Picture from Eagle Brand website
Yesterday, my sweet hubby went to the store for Marshmallow Fluff so I could make him fudge with walnuts.  What I neglected to do was check the pantry for the rest of the ingredients.  This morning, I found my mistake...no evaporated milk!  But, I did have a can of sweetened-condensed, so I decided to look it up and see if there was an easy recipe using it. 

Yay!  Eagle Brand has a great recipe for "Foolproof Chocolate Fudge" that it took just a few minutes to make, and much less messy than the fluff one, too! 

As soon as I finished, I knew I had to post this and let you all know "there is an easier way" to fudge making.  It also came with some variation directions, in case you'd like to experiment a little. 

Ingredients:

3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
Dash of salt
1/2 -1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla

Line 8- or 9-inch square pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan.

Melt chocolate chips with sweetened condensed milk and salt in heavy saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat. Stir in nuts and vanilla. Spread evenly into prepared pan.

Chill 2 hours or until firm. Remove from pan by lifting edges of foil. Cut into squares.
Variations:
CREAMY DARK CHOCOLATE FUDGE:  Melt2 cups miniature marshmallows with chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk. Proceed as above.
MILK CHOCOLATE FUDGE:  Omit 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips. Add 1 cup milk chocolate chips. Proceed as above.
CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CHIP GLAZED FUDGE:  Follow above recipe using 3/4 cup peanut butter chips instead of nuts. For glaze, melt 1/2 cup peanut butter chips with 1/2 cup heavy cream. Stir until thick and smooth. Spread over chilled fudge.
 
"But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are small among the clans of Judah, out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from of old, from ancient times."   -Micah 5:2
 

No comments:

Post a Comment