Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Hot Chicken Salad

Great for lunch or dinner!


I thought I had lost this wonderful old recipe, so I looked online, but couldn't find it there either. I remember cutting it out of the newspaper when I was first married, so I was not happy with myself.  But, while searching through some of my old recipes for something else, I found it! Happy again! LOL!

I've even made this for a girls' luncheon and watched it ALL disappear! My friends loved it as much as my family did! Yay! It's perfect with a light green salad and crescent rolls or your favorite dinner rolls. 

My recipe calls for chow mein noodles on the top, and they give it a really nice crunch.  I'm thinking that next time, I'll replace the chow mein noodles with French's Fried Onions.  I'll bet that would be really good too. 

Ingredients:
2 cups cooked chicken, cut into bite-size pieces (rotisserie would work fine too)
1 cup celery, sliced
3/4 cup almonds, sliced
1/2 c. ripe black olives, chopped
1/2 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. grated onion
1 cup mayonnaise
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 Tbsp. pimento, cut up
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 (5 oz.) can chow mein noodles (for topping)

Preheat oven to 350'F.

Combine chicken, celery, almonds, olives, salt, onions, mayonnaise, lemon juice, cheddar cheese and pimento in a large bowl, and pour into a lightly greased 9X11" casserole dish.

Bake at 350'F. until bubbly; about 25 minutes.  Remove from oven.

Spread 1 (5 oz.) can chow mein noodles over top and bake for another 5 minutes. 


Be encouraged!
"The tongue that brings healing is a tree of life, but a deceitful tongue crushes the spirit." - Proverbs 15:4

No comments:

Post a Comment