Saturday, April 11, 2015

Ooey Gooey Lemon Brownies

Ooey Gooey Goodness!

When my church choir decided to put together a cookbook a few years ago, a friend donated this scrumptious recipe for these lemon brownies.  They're so good, and a lemon-lover's dream!

I had a hard time waiting  for them to cool off enough, so I could take some pictures...and then my family started eating them.  That made me think I'd better get those pics before they were completely gone!  Haha!

Soft and chewy, just like a chocolate brownie, and can be thrown together in a matter of minutes.   Just the type of dessert that is so satisfying.  I know you'll want to keep a box of lemon cake mix and cream cheese around for a quick summer treat that everyone will absolutely love.  I know I'm going to do just that!


Ingredients:

Crust:
1 box lemon cake mix
1 egg
1/2 c. butter, melted

Preheat oven to 300'F.  Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.

Combine cake mix, melted butter and one egg to a soft dough.  Press into the bottom of the pan.  Set aside while you make the next layer.


Ooey Gooey Layer:
1 box (approx. 3 1/2 cups) confectioners' sugar
8 oz. cream cheese, softened

2 eggs

Mix powdered sugar, softened cream cheese and remaining two eggs until smooth, about 1-2 minutes.  Pour on top of unbaked crust.

Bake at 300 for 40-50 minutes until top is golden brown.


Be encouraged!
But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed.  -Isaiah 53:5

No comments:

Post a Comment