Monday, June 1, 2015

Favorite Macaroni Salad

My family's favorite Macaroni Salad!

This is the easiest, best tasting macaroni salad I've ever made.  My family has loved it and will not let me make any changes.   My mom used to make it with shrimp and mandarin oranges, but some of my kids don't care for shrimp, so if you don't like shrimp or tuna, switch them out for chicken.

The ingredients may not sound like they would taste good combined, but they really do!   I've had to give this recipe to so many people, but it wasn't until today that I actually figured out amounts and wrote it down.  

I hope you'll give it a try!


Ingredients:

1 lb. macaroni (elbow with ridges)
1-1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
1/2 cup onions, diced
1/2 cup celery, diced
1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple, drained
2 (5 oz.) cans albacore, solid white tuna
1 cup Mt. Olive Sweet Cubes, drain off a little liquid first

Cook macaroni in a large pot until al dente.  Drain, but do not rinse.   Never rinse pasta!   Transfer to a large bowl.

Add mayonnaise, crushed pineapple, tuna and sweet cubes.  Mix well until blended.

That's all there is to it...super simple and simply delicious!


"But from everlasting to everlasting the Lord's love is with those who fear him, and his righteousness with their children’s children — with those who keep his covenant and remember to obey his precepts." - Psalm 103:17-18


No comments:

Post a Comment