Sunday, August 14, 2016

Peach Cobbler Dump Cake

A peach of a dessert!


I seriously couldn't believe how easy this was to make...I've never made a "dump" cake before, but I will definitely be making more of them!

The family loves peach cobbler, but I've only made it once and wasn't that pleased with it. So every summer, we take a trip to our local peach farm and make sure we have our homemade peach cobbler before we leave with our load of peaches, veggies and other goodies.

But, this year we just couldn't get there, so I went searching for a cobbler recipe and found a whole list of it made with this dump method.  Using the information I read about it, I added some extra peaches and spices, knowing that's what my crew would love.

It was a big hit!  My granddaughter's first words after tasting it were, "Wow, Grandma! 
This is even better than the one at the peach farm!"  Gotta love grandkids, huh?

Ingredients:
2 (15.5oz) cans sliced peaches in heavy syrup
2 (15.5 oz.) can sliced peaches in heavy syrup, drained
1 (18.25) box yellow cake mix
1 stick butter, cold, sliced into 16 pieces
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon (optional)
1/2 cup pecans (optional)

Preheat oven to 350'F.

Spray bottom of a 9x13" baking pan.  

Using the juice and peaches of two cans, pour into baking dish.  Then drain the liquid from the third can of peaches; using only the peaches.  (This added more fruit without adding too much liquid.)

Cover with the dry (Yes, you heard me right...I said "dry") cake mix and spread evenly over the peaches.  Press lightly onto the peaches.  

Cut cold butter into 16 small pieces and place on top of the cake mix. 

Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon over the top. 

Add chopped pecans, if desired.

Bake at 350'F for 40-45 minutes until bubbly and when touched, the cake feels firm.

Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped topping!


Be encouraged!
 And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.   -Acts:2:21



No comments:

Post a Comment