Thursday, December 15, 2016

Pecan Pie Cookies

Buttery and Delicious!



If you like pecan pie, you'll love these little gems!   These are another new addition to the cookie tray this year.  I know, I can't help myself, I just love trying new cookie recipes.


The recipe I used is from the Land O Lakes website, but I did make a couple of slight revisions, one being the amount of flour.  It called for only 2 cups, but I had to add another 1/4 cup to be able to roll them easily.  I think they would have flattened out had I not done that.  


The second thing was to use a smaller cookie scoop (the smallest) to make them for the Christmas cookie tray.  I ended up with 44 cookies, instead of the 2 dozen it listed, and they are actually still a nice size cookie.


Oh, and did I tell you, they are so easy to make!  


Ingredients:

Cookie:

1 cup light brown sugar, packed firmly
3/4 cup butter
1 egg, large
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking powder
2-2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (it called for 2 cups, so stop there first.  But I needed and extra 1/4 cup to get "rolling" consistency)


Filling:
1 cup finely chopped pecans
1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed firmly
1/4 cup heavy or whipping cream
1 tsp. vanilla

Heat oven to 350'F.

Combine all cookie ingredients except flour and baking powder in large bowl.  Beat at medium speed until creamy.  Add flour and baking powder; beat at low speed until well mixed.

Shape dough int 1 1/4" balls.  Place 2 inches apart onto lightly greased cookie sheets.  Make indentation in each cookie with thumb; rotate thumb to hollow out slightly.



Combine all filling ingredients in bowl; fill each cookie with 1 round teaspoon filling.



Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned (I always check them at 8 minutes, then go 1 minute more at a time, if necessary).  



Cool one minute on cookie sheets before removing to cooling rack. (If you move them too quickly they fall apart - that's the one I tested, heehee).  




Be encouraged!
"Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins."   -Acts 5:31




No comments:

Post a Comment